Welcome to our Downtown in Middletown, NY
Downtown Middletown, New York is a vibrant and bustling destination with a plethora of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. The historic architecture of the area adds to the charm, with landmarks like the Paramount Theatre and the Gothic-style Thrall Library. The farmers' market is a must-visit for fresh and local produce, while the night scene offers a range of bars and breweries. With its lively atmosphere and diverse cultural offerings, Downtown Middletown offers something for everyone.
- Want to Live downtown?
- Want to Locate your business?
- Want your business Listed?
- Looking for Business Financing?
Contact The Middletown Business Improvement District.
About the Middletown BID Office
The Downtown Middletown Business Improvement District has been in existence since 1991. A BID is a special assessment district. It is funded by the property owners within the district. Our Number 1 mission is to put "feet on the street". This mission is spelled out in a district plan that calls for programs that enhance beautification, safety, sanitation, and promotion. The Middletown BID encompasses the entire central business district of the City of Middletown. It contains over 256 property parcels. The day-to-day activities are carried out by an Executive Director, Clerical Assistant, Maintenance Coordinator, and a staff of volunteers.
- Floral displays tastefully Placed throughout the district and by BID Maintenance Coordinator.
- Decorative street signs throughout the central
- Traffic control and parking coordination at downtown events.
- Maintain and coordinate a six-day per week litter control program.
- Weed control and general maintenance of downtown trees and bushes
Promotional Events & Activities
- Weekly Farmers Market.
- Weekly summer concerts.
- Biweekly summer car shows.
- Tree lighting parade and ceremony
- Always the day after Thanksgiving.